Advantages of your child learning another language
• Communication: your child learns to communicate in the language and develops an understanding that there is more than one way to interact with people.
• Academic: your child learns about how languages work and their literacy skills are enhanced because a clear link exists between learning another language and literacy development in English.
• Critical thinking: your child’s analytical skills are increased along with their ability to transfer skills across languages.
• Cognitive: your child’s problem-solving skills are enhanced along with thinking laterally and working collaboratively.
• Personal: your child’s self-confidence, self-esteem, resilience and tolerance are increased.
• Cultural: your child develops an understanding and respect for other cultures, people, their ideas and ways of thinking.
• Vocational: your child’s career opportunities will be greater in an increasingly globalised market.
• Social: your child’s global connections are enriched.